Social Media Intern
Encore Live is hiring a Social Media Intern to support its social media and graphic design team. This role will be integral in assisting the greater team execute and manage daily projects. The ideal candidate has previous social media and graphic design experience and is familiar with all platforms on a personal and professional level.
- Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Website and social media optimization
- Develop graphics and visual or audio images for illustrations, layouts, logos, websites, and invitations
A successful intern will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Be creative with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a target market and "speak" to that consumer through social media
- Experience proofreading and editing
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with all social media platforms and best practices
- Time-management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to meet deadlines and exceed design expectations
- Preferably majoring in Graphic Design or Strategic Communications
We do not require students to receive college credit for our internship.